A barrel of industry standard West Texas Intermediate sold for January delivery on the New York Mercantile Exchange is down to $58.55 as OPEC continues to maintain its production levels.
On Wednesday, OPEC forecast that demand for its oil will fall to 28.92 million barrels per day next year, a 280,000 barrel per day drop from current demand levels. Oil has been trading at multi-year lows since late November when OPEC decided to maintain its current output target of 30 million barrels per day.
TheStreet Ratings team rates WILLIAMS COS INC as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate WILLIAMS COS INC (WMB) a BUY. This is driven by a number of strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 6.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 27.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 1010.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 39.01% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 1090.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $141.00 million to $1,678.00 million.
- 41.08% is the gross profit margin for WILLIAMS COS INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 81.10% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, WILLIAMS COS INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: WMB Ratings Report