- ANW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $3.0 million.
- ANW is making at least a new 3-day high.
- ANW has a PE ratio of 28.9.
- ANW is mentioned 1.00 times per day on StockTwits.
- ANW has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- ANW is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- ANW is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- ANW is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- ANW is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ANW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ANW NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on ANW: Aegean Marine Petroleum Network Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as a marine fuel logistics company that markets and supplies refined marine fuel and lubricants to ships in port, at sea, and on rivers worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.8%. ANW has a PE ratio of 28.9. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Aegean Marine Petroleum Network a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Aegean Marine Petroleum Network has been 220,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Aegean Marine Petroleum Network has a market cap of $501.8 million and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 3.71 and a short float of 7.2% with 8.36 days to cover. Shares are down 5.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Aegean Marine Petroleum Network as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 109.20% to $54.52 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, AEGEAN MARINE PETROLM NETWK has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -1.72%.
- AEGEAN MARINE PETROLM NETWK has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AEGEAN MARINE PETROLM NETWK increased its bottom line by earning $0.58 versus $0.43 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.82 versus $0.58).
- The gross profit margin for AEGEAN MARINE PETROLM NETWK is currently extremely low, coming in at 4.60%. Regardless of ANW's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -0.24% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Aegean Marine Petroleum Network Ratings Report.