- AWI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $32.6 million.
- AWI has traded 204,631 shares today.
- AWI is down 3% today.
- AWI was up 6.1% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AWI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AWI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AWI: Armstrong World Industries, Inc. designs, manufactures, and sells flooring products and ceiling systems worldwide. AWI has a PE ratio of 33.2. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Armstrong World Industries a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Armstrong World Industries has been 733,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Armstrong World has a market cap of $2.7 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. The stock has a beta of 1.09 and a short float of 11.7% with 6.64 days to cover. Shares are down 17.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Armstrong World Industries as a buy. Among the primary strengths of the company is its solid financial position based on a variety of debt and liquidity measures that we have evaluated. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 2.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.2%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Even though the current debt-to-equity ratio is 1.35, it is still below the industry average, suggesting that this level of debt is acceptable within the Building Products industry. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 0.94 is weak.
- ARMSTRONG WORLD INDUSTRIES's earnings per share declined by 39.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ARMSTRONG WORLD INDUSTRIES reported lower earnings of $1.70 versus $2.41 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.07 versus $1.70).
- The gross profit margin for ARMSTRONG WORLD INDUSTRIES is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 29.05%. Regardless of AWI's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 4.33% trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $88.70 million or 25.14% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full Armstrong World Industries Ratings Report.