- URI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $206.1 million.
- URI has traded 324,748 shares today.
- URI is trading at 3.03 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- URI crossed below its 200-day simple moving average.
'Roof Leaker' stocks are worth watching because trading stocks that begin to experience a breakdown can lead to potentially massive losses. Once psychological and technical resistance barriers like the 200-day moving average are breached on higher than normal relative volume, the stock may then be subject to emotional selling from investors that can continue to drive the stock lower. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with weakness and volume it can indicate the start of a new, potentially dangerous, trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in URI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for URI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on URI: United Rentals, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as an equipment rental company. It operates in two segments, General Rentals; and Trench Safety, Power and HVAC (heating, ventilating and air conditioning). URI has a PE ratio of 23.8. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate United Rentals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold.
The average volume for United Rentals has been 2.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. United Rentals has a market cap of $10.9 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 2.00 and a short float of 4.2% with 2.01 days to cover. Shares are up 38.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates United Rentals as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and impressive record of earnings per share growth. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 17.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- UNITED RENTALS INC has improved earnings per share by 36.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, UNITED RENTALS INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.63 versus $0.64 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.85 versus $3.63).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Trading Companies & Distributors industry average. The net income increased by 34.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $143.00 million to $192.00 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. When compared to other companies in the Trading Companies & Distributors industry and the overall market, UNITED RENTALS INC's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for UNITED RENTALS INC is rather high; currently it is at 60.43%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 12.43% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full United Rentals Ratings Report.