- MGA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $53.7 million.
- MGA has traded 137,215 shares today.
- MGA is trading at 3.16 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- MGA crossed below its 200-day simple moving average.
'Roof Leaker' stocks are worth watching because trading stocks that begin to experience a breakdown can lead to potentially massive losses. Once psychological and technical resistance barriers like the 200-day moving average are breached on higher than normal relative volume, the stock may then be subject to emotional selling from investors that can continue to drive the stock lower. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with weakness and volume it can indicate the start of a new, potentially dangerous, trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MGA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MGA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MGA: Magna International Inc. develops, manufactures, engineers, supplies, and sells automotive products. It operates through North America, Europe, Asia, and Rest of World segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.4%. MGA has a PE ratio of 13.1. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Magna International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Magna International has been 733,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Magna International has a market cap of $23.2 billion and is part of the services sector and wholesale industry. The stock has a beta of 1.26 and a short float of 0.3% with 1.46 days to cover. Shares are up 29.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Magna International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MGA's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 4.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 57.55% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 37.04% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, MGA should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- MAGNA INTERNATIONAL INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, MAGNA INTERNATIONAL INC increased its bottom line by earning $6.77 versus $6.09 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($8.80 versus $6.77).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Auto Components industry average. The net income increased by 47.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $319.00 million to $470.00 million.
- You can view the full Magna International Ratings Report.