- CTRP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $267.8 million.
- CTRP has traded 827,590 shares today.
- CTRP is trading at 2.98 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- CTRP is trading at a new high 4.02% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CTRP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CTRP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CTRP: Ctrip.com International, Ltd., together with its subsidiaries, provides travel services for hotel accommodations, ticketing services, packaged tours, and corporate travel management in China. CTRP has a PE ratio of 40.0. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Ctrip.com International a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Ctrip.com International has been 2.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Ctrip.com International has a market cap of $5.9 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. Shares are down 13% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Ctrip.com International as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and generally higher debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 13.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 37.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for CTRIP.COM INTL LTD is currently very high, coming in at 72.34%. Regardless of CTRP's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, CTRP's net profit margin of 10.18% compares favorably to the industry average.
- CTRIP.COM INTL LTD's earnings per share declined by 45.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CTRIP.COM INTL LTD increased its bottom line by earning $1.12 versus $0.80 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 79.9% in earnings ($0.23 versus $1.12).
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Internet & Catalog Retail industry and the overall market, CTRIP.COM INTL LTD's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet & Catalog Retail industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 42.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $60.95 million to $35.34 million.
- You can view the full Ctrip.com International Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.