- ESRT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $11.4 million.
- ESRT has traded 36,419 shares today.
- ESRT is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ESRT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ESRT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ESRT: Empire State Realty Trust, Inc., a real estate investment trust (REIT), focuses on owning, managing, operating, and acquiring office and retail properties in Manhattan and the greater New York metropolitan area. It also intends to provide construction services to tenants and other entities. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2%. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Empire State Realty a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Empire State Realty has been 564,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Empire State has a market cap of $1.7 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. Shares are up 13.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Empire State Realty as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The gross profit margin for EMPIRE STATE REALTY TR INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 25.62%. Regardless of ESRT's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ESRT's net profit margin of 4.91% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- EMPIRE STATE REALTY TR INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, EMPIRE STATE REALTY TR INC reported lower earnings of $0.41 versus $0.53 in the prior year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 264.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $2.28 million to $8.32 million.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, and has traded in line with the S&P 500. Regardless of the rise in share value over the previous year, we feel that the risks involved in investing in this stock do not compensate for any future upside potential.
- Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, EMPIRE STATE REALTY TR INC has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Empire State Realty Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.