- WLL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $205.6 million.
- WLL traded 15,174 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:28 AM.
- WLL is down 3.6% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WLL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WLL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on WLL: Whiting Petroleum Corporation, an independent oil and gas company, acquires, explores, develops, and produces crude oil, natural gas liquids, and natural gas in the United States. It operates primarily in the Rocky Mountains and Permian Basin regions of the United States. WLL has a PE ratio of 11.3. Currently there are 20 analysts that rate Whiting Petroleum a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Whiting Petroleum has been 3.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Whiting has a market cap of $4.0 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.96 and a short float of 8.1% with 1.30 days to cover. Shares are down 51.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.65, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Despite the fact that WLL's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.58, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has decreased by 22.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $204.10 million to $157.98 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, WHITING PETROLEUM CORP's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Whiting Petroleum Ratings Report.