- LYB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $531.0 million.
- LYB traded 116,002 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:28 AM.
- LYB is down 3.7% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LYB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LYB NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on LYB: LyondellBasell Industries N.V., together with its subsidiaries, manufactures chemicals and polymers; refines crude oil; produces gasoline blending components; and develops and licenses technologies for production of polymers. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.6%. LYB has a PE ratio of 9.3. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate LyondellBasell Industries a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for LyondellBasell Industries has been 5.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. LyondellBasell has a market cap of $39.4 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. The stock has a beta of 1.07 and a short float of 2.6% with 1.60 days to cover. Shares are down 7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
- LYONDELLBASELL INDUSTRIES NV reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, LYONDELLBASELL INDUSTRIES NV increased its bottom line by earning $6.78 versus $4.97 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($8.48 versus $6.78).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Chemicals industry. The net income increased by 47.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $853.00 million to $1,258.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 9.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.69, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.21, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Chemicals industry and the overall market, LYONDELLBASELL INDUSTRIES NV's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full LyondellBasell Industries Ratings Report.