- TLM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $57.2 million.
- TLM traded 1.9 million shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:17 AM, representing 15.7% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TLM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TLM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TLM: Talisman Energy Inc., an oil and gas company, explores for, develops, produces, transports, and markets crude oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 6.4%. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Talisman Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Talisman Energy has been 8.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Talisman Energy has a market cap of $4.4 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are down 67.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Talisman Energy as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, TALISMAN ENERGY INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $458.00 million or 28.10% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- TLM's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 66.06%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Turning toward the future, the fact that the stock has come down in price over the past year should not necessarily be interpreted as a negative; it could be one of the factors that may help make the stock attractive down the road. Right now, however, we believe that it is too soon to buy.
- TALISMAN ENERGY INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TALISMAN ENERGY INC reported poor results of -$1.21 versus -$0.02 in the prior year.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 6.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.9%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Talisman Energy Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.