- SDRL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $248.9 million.
- SDRL traded 161,434 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:58 AM.
- SDRL is down 2.1% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SDRL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SDRL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SDRL: Seadrill Limited, an offshore drilling contractor, provides offshore drilling services to the oil and gas industry worldwide. The company operates in three segments: Floaters, Jack-up Rigs, and Tender Rigs. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 28.7%. SDRL has a PE ratio of 2.2. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Seadrill a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Seadrill has been 12.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Seadrill has a market cap of $6.0 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.27 and a short float of 8.3% with 1.28 days to cover. Shares are down 72.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
- SDRL's revenue growth trails the industry average of 16.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Energy Equipment & Services industry and the overall market, SEADRILL LTD's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for SEADRILL LTD is rather high; currently it is at 55.61%. Regardless of SDRL's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 11.52% trails the industry average.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.33 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, SDRL maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.84, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $397.00 million or 25.51% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full Seadrill Ratings Report.