- TSLA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $1.3 billion.
- TSLA traded 33,041 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:28 AM.
- TSLA is down 2.3% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TSLA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TSLA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TSLA: Tesla Motors, Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, and sells electric vehicles and electric vehicle powertrain components. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Tesla Motors a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Tesla Motors has been 6.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Tesla has a market cap of $27.2 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and automotive industry. The stock has a beta of 1.40 and a short float of 24% with 3.50 days to cover. Shares are up 39.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Tesla Motors as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, weak operating cash flow and generally high debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Automobiles industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 94.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$38.50 million to -$74.71 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$28.00 million or 127.35% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.60 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio is weak, TSLA's quick ratio is somewhat strong at 1.38, demonstrating the ability to handle short-term liquidity needs.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Automobiles industry and the overall market, TESLA MOTORS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- TESLA MOTORS INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TESLA MOTORS INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.71 versus -$3.70 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.60 versus -$0.71).
- You can view the full Tesla Motors Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.