- CNP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $96.6 million.
- CNP is down 2.3% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CNP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CNP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CNP: CenterPoint Energy, Inc. operates as a public utility holding company in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4%. CNP has a PE ratio of 18.5. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate CenterPoint Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for CenterPoint Energy has been 4.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. CenterPoint Energy has a market cap of $10.1 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.49 and a short float of 2% with 1.34 days to cover. Shares are down 2.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates CenterPoint Energy as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 1.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $412.00 million or 20.46% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -3.59%.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Multi-Utilities industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, CENTERPOINT ENERGY INC has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- CENTERPOINT ENERGY INC's earnings per share declined by 5.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CENTERPOINT ENERGY INC reported lower earnings of $0.72 versus $0.96 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.18 versus $0.72).
- You can view the full CenterPoint Energy Ratings Report.