- OLN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $15.8 million.
- OLN has traded 130,119 shares today.
- OLN is trading at 3.72 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- OLN is trading at a new low 3.01% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in OLN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for OLN NOW at Trade-Ideas
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.61, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. To add to this, OLN has a quick ratio of 1.54, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- OLN, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 9.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 11.5%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $62.10 million or 58.79% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. In comparison to the other companies in the Chemicals industry and the overall market, OLIN CORP's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Olin Ratings Report.