- COH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $150.6 million.
- COH has traded 451,356 shares today.
- COH is trading at 2.43 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- COH is trading at a new high 3.03% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in COH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for COH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on COH: Coach, Inc. provides luxury accessories and lifestyle collections for women and men in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4%. COH has a PE ratio of 13.9. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Coach a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. The average volume for Coach has been 4.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Coach has a market cap of $9.4 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 0.76 and a short float of 9.9% with 6.10 days to cover. Shares are down 39.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Coach as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- COH's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.07 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.37, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The gross profit margin for COACH INC is currently very high, coming in at 73.32%. Regardless of COH's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 11.46% trails the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 45.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $217.88 million to $119.10 million.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $138.90 million or 15.35% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full Coach Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.