- WAG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $287.8 million.
- WAG has a PE ratio of 33.9.
- WAG is currently in the upper 30% of its 1-year range.
- WAG is in the upper 25% of its 20-day range.
- WAG is in the upper 35% of its 5-day range.
- WAG is currently trading above yesterday's high.
- WAG has experienced a gap between today's open and yesterday's close of 2.7%.
'Momo Momentum' stocks are valuable stocks to watch for a variety of reasons including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in a mark-up phase before a possible distribution period and price decline. Technical analysts and traders frequently find that the factors referenced above tend to create a temporary burst of strong wind in a stock's sail. Nevertheless, all successful traders must excel at maximizing gains while keeping losses to an absolute minimum. For that reason, the holding period on momo momentum stocks must always be a primary consideration, and this part of the puzzle is ultimately at the discretion of each individual's risk tolerance and portfolio risk management skills. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WAG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WAG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on WAG: Walgreen Co., together with its subsidiaries, operates a network of drugstores in the United States. It provides consumer goods and services, pharmacy, and health and wellness services through drugstores, as well as through mail, and by telephone and online. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2%. WAG has a PE ratio of 33.9. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Walgreen a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Walgreen has been 5.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Walgreen has a market cap of $64.0 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.51 and a short float of 1.5% with 2.52 days to cover. Shares are up 19.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Walgreen as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- WAG's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- WAG's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.24 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Despite the fact that WAG's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.66, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,384.00 million or 23.24% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, WALGREEN CO's cash flow growth rate is still lower than the industry average growth rate of 49.58%.
- WALGREEN CO has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, WALGREEN CO reported lower earnings of $2.00 versus $2.56 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.57 versus $2.00).
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Walgreen Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.