- ROST has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $97.9 million.
- ROST has traded 15,081 shares today.
- ROST is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ROST with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ROST NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ROST: Ross Stores, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates off-price retail apparel and home fashion stores under the Ross Dress for Less and dd's DISCOUNTS brand names in the United States. The company primarily offers apparel, accessories, footwear, and home fashions. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. ROST has a PE ratio of 21.3. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Ross Stores a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Ross Stores has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Ross Stores has a market cap of $18.9 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.09 and a short float of 2.7% with 3.20 days to cover. Shares are up 19.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 8.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 25.27% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, ROST should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- ROSS STORES INC has improved earnings per share by 16.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, ROSS STORES INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.87 versus $3.53 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.32 versus $3.87).
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 61.31% to $240.19 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ROSS STORES INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -11.01%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Specialty Retail industry average. The net income increased by 12.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $171.62 million to $192.72 million.
- You can view the full Ross Stores Ratings Report.