- MAA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $24.6 million.
- MAA is making at least a new 3-day high.
- MAA has a PE ratio of 76.7.
- MAA is mentioned 0.32 times per day on StockTwits.
- MAA has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- MAA is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- MAA is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- MAA is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- MAA is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MAA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MAA NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on MAA: Mid-America Apartment Communities, Inc. is an independent real estate investment trust. The firm invests in the real estate markets of the United States. It is engaged in acquisition, redevelopment, new development, property management, and disposition of multifamily apartment communities. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.2%. MAA has a PE ratio of 76.7. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Mid-America Apartment Communities a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Mid-America Apartment Communities has been 448,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Mid-America Apartment has a market cap of $5.5 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.44 and a short float of 2% with 4.28 days to cover. Shares are up 20.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Mid-America Apartment Communities as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MAA's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 13.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 86.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 51.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $44.25 million to $66.98 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 66.14% to $98.68 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, MID-AMERICA APT CMNTYS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 6.64%.
- You can view the full Mid-America Apartment Communities Ratings Report.