- LLY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $361.9 million.
- LLY traded 10,300 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:28 AM.
- LLY is up 3.4% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LLY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LLY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on LLY: Eli Lilly and Company discovers, develops, manufactures, and sells pharmaceutical products worldwide. It operates in two segments, Human Pharmaceutical Products and Animal Health Products. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.7%. LLY has a PE ratio of 29.1. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Eli Lilly and a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Eli Lilly and has been 4.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Eli Lilly and has a market cap of $81.1 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.44 and a short float of 2.7% with 4.97 days to cover. Shares are up 41.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Eli Lilly and as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, LLY's share price has jumped by 45.13%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, LLY should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.32, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.11, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The gross profit margin for LILLY (ELI) & CO is currently very high, coming in at 81.04%. Regardless of LLY's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 10.26% trails the industry average.
- LLY, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 8.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 15.5%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Eli Lilly and Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.