- FCX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $360.7 million.
- FCX traded 22,032 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:29 AM.
- FCX is down 2.6% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FCX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FCX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on FCX: Freeport-McMoRan Inc., a natural resource company, is engaged in the acquisition of mineral assets, and oil and natural gas resources. The company primarily explores for copper, gold, molybdenum, cobalt, silver, and other metals, as well as oil and gas. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 5%. FCX has a PE ratio of 11.7. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Freeport-McMoRan a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Freeport-McMoRan has been 12.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Freeport-McMoRan has a market cap of $26.1 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. The stock has a beta of 1.48 and a short float of 1.6% with 1.11 days to cover. Shares are down 33.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $1,926.00 million or 2.55% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -30.52%.
- 39.80% is the gross profit margin for FREEPORT-MCMORAN INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of FCX's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 9.69% trails the industry average.
- FREEPORT-MCMORAN INC's earnings per share declined by 32.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FREEPORT-MCMORAN INC reported lower earnings of $2.64 versus $3.18 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 18.2% in earnings ($2.16 versus $2.64).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 32.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $821.00 million to $552.00 million.
- You can view the full Freeport-McMoRan Ratings Report.