- BURL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $34.7 million.
- BURL traded 140,450 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:45 AM, representing 17.6% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BURL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BURL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BURL: Burlington Stores, Inc. operates as a retailer of branded apparel products in the United States. The company provides fashion-focused merchandise, such as women's ready-to-wear apparel, menswear, youth apparel, baby products, footwear, accessories, home goods, and coats. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Burlington Stores a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Burlington Stores has been 638,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Burlington Stores has a market cap of $3.2 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. Shares are up 36.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Burlington Stores as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been unimpressive growth in net income over time. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Multiline Retail industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 103.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$16.86 million to -$34.21 million.
- BURLINGTON STORES INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.63 versus $0.61).
- 40.09% is the gross profit margin for BURLINGTON STORES INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -2.93% trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has improved to $36.93 million from having none in the same quarter last year. Since the company had no net operating cash flow for the prior period, we cannot calculate a percent change in order to compare its growth rate with that of its industry average.
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- You can view the full Burlington Stores Ratings Report.