- HDS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $39.3 million.
- HDS traded 196,109 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:32 AM, representing 13.8% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HDS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HDS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HDS: HD Supply Holdings, Inc. operates as an industrial distribution company in North America. It operates in four segments: Facilities Maintenance, Waterworks, Power Solutions, and Construction & Industrial - White Cap. HDS has a PE ratio of 72.6. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate HD Supply Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for HD Supply Holdings has been 1.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. HD Supply has a market cap of $5.8 billion and is part of the services sector and wholesale industry. Shares are up 19.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates HD Supply Holdings as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The gross profit margin for HD SUPPLY HOLDINGS INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 29.59%. Regardless of HDS's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 1.96% trails the industry average.
- This stock has increased by 43.79% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, however, we cannot assume that the stock's past performance is going to drive future results. Quite to the contrary, its sharp appreciation over the last year is one of the factors that should prompt investors to seek better opportunities elsewhere.
- HD SUPPLY HOLDINGS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.36 versus -$1.15).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Trading Companies & Distributors industry. The net income increased by 166.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$72.00 million to $48.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 965.00% to $173.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, HD SUPPLY HOLDINGS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 15.38%.
- You can view the full HD Supply Holdings Ratings Report.