- ODP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $59.4 million.
- ODP traded 801,011 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:21 AM, representing 10% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ODP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ODP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ODP: Office Depot, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, supplies office products and services. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Office Depot a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Office Depot has been 9.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Office Depot has a market cap of $3.4 billion and is part of the services sector and specialty retail industry. The stock has a beta of 3.57 and a short float of 7.2% with 3.54 days to cover. Shares are up 23.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Office Depot as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ODP's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 8.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 55.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 870.70% to $197.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, OFFICE DEPOT INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -11.01%.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Looking ahead, our view is that this company's fundamentals will not have much impact in either direction, allowing the stock to generally move up or down based on the push and pull of the broad market.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market, OFFICE DEPOT INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Specialty Retail industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 81.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $160.90 million to $30.00 million.
- You can view the full Office Depot Ratings Report.