- NLSN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $165.3 million.
- NLSN traded 59,650 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:51 AM.
- NLSN is down 2.7% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NLSN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NLSN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NLSN: Nielsen N.V. provides media and marketing information, analytics, and industry expertise about what consumers watch and listen. The company operates in two segments, Buy and Watch. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.3%. NLSN has a PE ratio of 44.2. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Nielsen a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Nielsen has been 3.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Nielsen has a market cap of $16.7 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.93 and a short float of 1.7% with 1.71 days to cover. Shares are down 1.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
- NLSN's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 5.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for NIELSEN HOLDINGS NV is rather high; currently it is at 58.78%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 5.78% trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $392.00 million or 22.11% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, NIELSEN HOLDINGS NV's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 25.17%.
- NIELSEN HOLDINGS NV's earnings per share declined by 31.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NIELSEN HOLDINGS NV increased its bottom line by earning $1.13 versus $0.67 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.52 versus $1.13).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Professional Services industry and the overall market, NIELSEN HOLDINGS NV's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Nielsen Ratings Report.