- CNX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $118.6 million.
- CNX is up 3.7% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CNX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CNX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CNX: CONSOL Energy Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as an integrated energy company in the United States. The company operates in two divisions, Gas and Coal. The Gas division produces and sells pipeline quality natural gas primarily to gas wholesalers. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.7%. CNX has a PE ratio of 33.5. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Consol Energy a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Consol Energy has been 3.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Consol Energy has a market cap of $8.1 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.44 and a short float of 6.7% with 3.65 days to cover. Shares are down 5.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Consol Energy as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 97.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$63.65 million to -$1.65 million.
- CONSOL ENERGY INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CONSOL ENERGY INC reported lower earnings of $0.35 versus $1.69 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.88 versus $0.35).
- In its most recent trading session, CNX has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Looking ahead, our view is that this company's fundamentals will not have much impact in either direction, allowing the stock to generally move up or down based on the push and pull of the broad market.
- The gross profit margin for CONSOL ENERGY INC is rather low; currently it is at 21.34%. Regardless of CNX's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -0.19% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Consol Energy Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.