- ENB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $101.1 million.
- ENB has traded 1.0 million shares today.
- ENB is trading at 1.60 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- ENB crossed below its 200-day simple moving average.
'Roof Leaker' stocks are worth watching because trading stocks that begin to experience a breakdown can lead to potentially massive losses. Once psychological and technical resistance barriers like the 200-day moving average are breached on higher than normal relative volume, the stock may then be subject to emotional selling from investors that can continue to drive the stock lower. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with weakness and volume it can indicate the start of a new, potentially dangerous, trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ENB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ENB NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ENB: Enbridge Inc. operates as an energy transportation and distribution company in the United States and Canada. Its Liquids Pipelines segment operates common carrier and contract crude oil, natural gas liquids (NGL), and refined products pipelines and terminals. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.3%. ENB has a PE ratio of 62.0. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Enbridge a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Enbridge has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Enbridge has a market cap of $41.6 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are up 13.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Enbridge as a hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its solid stock price performance. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, unimpressive growth in net income and generally higher debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, ENB's share price has jumped by 30.37%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Setting our sights on the months ahead, however, we feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The implication is that its reduced upside potential is not good enough to warrant further investment at this time.
- ENB, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 6.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 7.8%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Currently the debt-to-equity ratio of 1.87 is quite high overall and when compared to the industry average, suggesting that the current management of debt levels should be re-evaluated.
- ENBRIDGE INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, ENBRIDGE INC reported lower earnings of $0.55 versus $0.87 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 103.0% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $470.00 million to -$14.00 million.
- You can view the full Enbridge Ratings Report.