- VMC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $56.0 million.
- VMC has traded 661,217 shares today.
- VMC is trading at 1.60 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- VMC crossed below its 200-day simple moving average.
'Roof Leaker' stocks are worth watching because trading stocks that begin to experience a breakdown can lead to potentially massive losses. Once psychological and technical resistance barriers like the 200-day moving average are breached on higher than normal relative volume, the stock may then be subject to emotional selling from investors that can continue to drive the stock lower. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with weakness and volume it can indicate the start of a new, potentially dangerous, trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VMC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VMC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on VMC: Vulcan Materials Company produces and sells construction aggregates, asphalt mix, ready-mixed concrete, and cement primarily in the United States. The company's Aggregates segment offers crushed stone, sand and gravel, sand, and other aggregates, as well as related products and services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.4%. VMC has a PE ratio of 49.4. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Vulcan Materials a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Vulcan Materials has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Vulcan has a market cap of $8.8 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. The stock has a beta of 1.45 and a short float of 4.3% with 5.47 days to cover. Shares are up 9.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Vulcan Materials as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- VULCAN MATERIALS CO reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, VULCAN MATERIALS CO turned its bottom line around by earning $0.16 versus -$0.42 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.89 versus $0.16).
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 13.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.48, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Despite the fact that VMC's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 1.57 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- You can view the full Vulcan Materials Ratings Report.