NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of JetBlue Airways Corp. (JBLU) are gaining 2.83% to $15.47 in late morning trading Wednesday, as oil prices continue to fall following the decision by the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries to cut its forecast for global demand for its oil in 2015.
OPEC forecast demand for its oil to decline to 28.9 million barrels a day next year, down from 29.4 million barrels a day in 2014.
Brent crude prices are down by 2.48% to $65.18 per barrel today. Prices have not been lower than $65 since September 2009, Bloomberg noted.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
Yesterday, the U.S. Energy Information Administration lowered its forecast for international oil consumption in 2015 to 92.32 million barrels a day, lower than its previous estimate of 92.5 million barrels a day.
Separately, TheStreet Ratings team rates JETBLUE AIRWAYS CORP as a Buy with a ratings score of B. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate JETBLUE AIRWAYS CORP (JBLU) a BUY. This is driven by some important positives, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, revenue growth and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 79.42% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- JETBLUE AIRWAYS CORP has improved earnings per share by 14.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, JETBLUE AIRWAYS CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.51 versus $0.39 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.68 versus $0.51).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Airlines industry average. The net income increased by 11.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $71.00 million to $79.00 million.
- JBLU's revenue growth trails the industry average of 30.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: JBLU Ratings Report