- VTR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $166.5 million.
- VTR is making at least a new 3-day high.
- VTR has a PE ratio of 44.4.
- VTR is mentioned 1.26 times per day on StockTwits.
- VTR has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- VTR is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- VTR is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- VTR is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- VTR is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VTR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VTR NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on VTR: Ventas, Inc. is a publicly owned real estate investment trust. The firm engages in investment, management, financing, and leasing of properties in the healthcare industry. It invests in the real estate markets of the United States and Canada. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.1%. VTR has a PE ratio of 44.4. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Ventas a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Ventas has been 2.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Ventas has a market cap of $20.9 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.09 and a short float of 6.5% with 7.32 days to cover. Shares are up 25.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Ventas as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, VTR's share price has jumped by 29.08%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, VTR should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 13.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, VENTAS INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- VENTAS INC's earnings per share declined by 13.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, VENTAS INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.66 versus $1.04 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 0.6% in earnings ($1.65 versus $1.66).
- You can view the full Ventas Ratings Report.