- BRCM has 14x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 6.16 mentions/day.
- BRCM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $223.2 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BRCM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BRCM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BRCM: Broadcom Corporation provides semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications. Its products offer voice, video, data, and multimedia connectivity in the home, office, and mobile environments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. BRCM has a PE ratio of 60.1. Currently there are 21 analysts that rate Broadcom a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Broadcom has been 5.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Broadcom has a market cap of $23.8 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 0.97 and a short float of 2% with 2.08 days to cover. Shares are up 46.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Broadcom as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BRCM's revenue growth trails the industry average of 18.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- BRCM's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.18 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, BRCM has a quick ratio of 2.49, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for BROADCOM CORP is rather high; currently it is at 56.24%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, BRCM's net profit margin of 4.33% significantly trails the industry average.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, BRCM's share price has jumped by 61.81%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- BROADCOM CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BROADCOM CORP reported lower earnings of $0.74 versus $1.24 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.92 versus $0.74).
- You can view the full Broadcom Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.