- VRA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $7.3 million.
- VRA has traded 349,995 shares today.
- VRA is trading at 19.32 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- VRA is trading at a new high 8.04% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in VRA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for VRA NOW at Trade-Ideas
- VRA has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, VRA has a quick ratio of 2.13, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for VERA BRADLEY INC is rather high; currently it is at 56.32%. Regardless of VRA's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 6.32% trails the industry average.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 49.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $14.95 million to $7.60 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $5.80 million or 52.17% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full Vera Bradley Ratings Report.