- SAM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $12.9 million.
- SAM has traded 2,986 shares today.
- SAM is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SAM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SAM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SAM: The Boston Beer Company, Inc. produces and sells alcohol beverages primarily in the United States, Canada, Europe, Israel, the Caribbean, the Pacific Rim, Mexico, and Central and South America. SAM has a PE ratio of 40.8. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Boston Beer a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Boston Beer has been 53,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Boston Beer has a market cap of $2.5 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and food & beverage industry. The stock has a beta of 0.25 and a short float of 12.8% with 22.12 days to cover. Shares are up 12.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 24.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- BOSTON BEER INC has improved earnings per share by 47.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, BOSTON BEER INC increased its bottom line by earning $5.18 versus $4.40 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.57 versus $5.18).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Beverages industry. The net income increased by 47.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $25.69 million to $37.93 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $64.24 million or 31.40% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 1.75%.
- The gross profit margin for BOSTON BEER INC is rather high; currently it is at 56.57%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 14.06% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Boston Beer Ratings Report.