- NWE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $13.2 million.
- NWE has traded 3,578 shares today.
- NWE is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NWE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NWE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NWE: NorthWestern Corporation, doing business as NorthWestern Energy, provides electricity and natural gas to residential, commercial, and industrial customers in Montana, South Dakota, and Nebraska, the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3%. NWE has a PE ratio of 19.0. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate NorthWestern a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for NorthWestern has been 310,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. NorthWestern has a market cap of $2.1 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.69 and a short float of 4.7% with 6.70 days to cover. Shares are up 23.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Multi-Utilities industry. The net income increased by 93.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $15.65 million to $30.19 million.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 93.61% to $80.40 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, NORTHWESTERN CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -3.59%.
- NORTHWESTERN CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NORTHWESTERN CORP reported lower earnings of $2.45 versus $2.66 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.68 versus $2.45).
- NWE, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 1.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.9%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full NorthWestern Ratings Report.