- BDC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $15.5 million.
- BDC has traded 5,707 shares today.
- BDC is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BDC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BDC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BDC: Belden Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets signal transmission solutions used in broadcast, enterprise, and industrial applications. It operates in four segments: Broadcast Solutions, Enterprise Connectivity Solutions, Industrial Connectivity Solutions, and Industrial IT Solutions. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.3%. BDC has a PE ratio of 39.8. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Belden a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Belden has been 269,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Belden has a market cap of $3.2 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 2.14 and a short float of 4.9% with 9.84 days to cover. Shares are up 5.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 1.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 16.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- BELDEN INC has improved earnings per share by 18.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, BELDEN INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.34 versus $0.92 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.22 versus $2.34).
- 39.07% is the gross profit margin for BELDEN INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 5.54% trails the industry average.
- The stock price has risen over the past year, but, despite its earnings growth and some other positive factors, it has underperformed the S&P 500 so far. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 16.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $29.07 million to $33.85 million.
- You can view the full Belden Ratings Report.