- EOG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $657.2 million.
- EOG traded 11,000 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:27 AM.
- EOG is down 3.5% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EOG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EOG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EOG: EOG Resources, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, explores for, develops, produces, and markets crude oil and natural gas. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.7%. EOG has a PE ratio of 16.3. Currently there are 21 analysts that rate EOG Resources a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for EOG Resources has been 6.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. EOG has a market cap of $49.7 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 0.89 and a short float of 1.5% with 1.09 days to cover. Shares are up 5.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates EOG Resources as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, increase in stock price during the past year, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 6.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 43.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.33, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.04, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- EOG RESOURCES INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, EOG RESOURCES INC increased its bottom line by earning $4.03 versus $1.05 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.32 versus $4.03).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 138.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $462.50 million to $1,103.62 million.
- You can view the full EOG Resources Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.