- YUM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $198.6 million.
- YUM is down 3% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in YUM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for YUM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on YUM: YUM! Brands, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates quick service restaurants in the United States and internationally. It operates in six segments: YUM Restaurants China, YUM Restaurants International, Taco Bell U.S., KFC U.S., Pizza Hut U.S., and YUM Restaurants India. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.1%. YUM has a PE ratio of 24.5. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Yum Brands a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Yum Brands has been 2.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Yum has a market cap of $34.3 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 0.94 and a short float of 1.1% with 1.81 days to cover. Shares are up 1.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Yum Brands as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, impressive record of earnings per share growth, notable return on equity and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry. The net income increased by 165.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $152.00 million to $404.00 million.
- YUM BRANDS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, YUM BRANDS INC reported lower earnings of $2.36 versus $3.37 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.23 versus $2.36).
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. In comparison to other companies in the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, YUM BRANDS INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 9.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 3.2%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- In its most recent trading session, YUM has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full Yum Brands Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.