Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. TheStreet Ratings quantitative algorithm evaluates over 4,300 stocks on a daily basis by 32 different data factors and assigns a unique buy, sell, or hold recommendation on each stock. Click here to learn more.
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Management & Development industry and the overall market, GLADSTONE LAND CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for GLADSTONE LAND CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 27.56%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 5.62% trails that of the industry average.
- This stock's share value has moved by only 39.66% over the past year. Turning toward the future, the fact that the stock has come down in price over the past year should not necessarily be interpreted as a negative; it could be one of the factors that may help make the stock attractive down the road. Right now, however, we believe that it is too soon to buy.
- GLADSTONE LAND CORP has shown improvement in its earnings for its most recently reported quarter when compared with the same quarter a year earlier. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GLADSTONE LAND CORP swung to a loss, reporting -$0.19 versus $0.05 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.03 versus -$0.19).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Management & Development industry. The net income increased by 1900.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $0.01 million to $0.10 million.