- HIMX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $30.2 million.
- HIMX has traded 2.6 million shares today.
- HIMX traded in a range 213.5% of the normal price range with a price range of $0.75.
- HIMX traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 28 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 28 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HIMX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HIMX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HIMX: Himax Technologies, Inc., a fabless semiconductor company, provides display imaging processing technologies to consumer electronics worldwide. The company operates through Driver IC and Non-Driver Products segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.2%. HIMX has a PE ratio of 22.7. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Himax Technologies a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Himax Technologies has been 5.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Himax has a market cap of $1.4 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are down 44.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Himax Technologies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 18.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 15.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.30, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, HIMX has a quick ratio of 1.51, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- HIMAX TECHNOLOGIES INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HIMAX TECHNOLOGIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.35 versus $0.30 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.43 versus $0.35).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, HIMAX TECHNOLOGIES INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Himax Technologies Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.