- EVEP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $11.1 million.
- EVEP has traded 69,777 shares today.
- EVEP is trading at 5.22 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- EVEP is trading at a new high 3.12% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EVEP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EVEP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EVEP: EV Energy Partners, L.P. is engaged in the acquisition, development, and production of oil and natural gas properties in the United States. The company operates in two segments, Exploration and Production, and Midstream. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 12%. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate EV Energy Partners a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for EV Energy Partners has been 329,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. EV Energy has a market cap of $1.3 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.36 and a short float of 2.4% with 2.23 days to cover. Shares are down 24.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates EV Energy Partners as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 446.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$12.31 million to $42.62 million.
- EV ENERGY PARTNERS LP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, EV ENERGY PARTNERS LP reported poor results of -$1.69 versus -$0.35 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.89 versus -$1.69).
- EVEP has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 22.54% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.15 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, EVEP maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.98, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- You can view the full EV Energy Partners Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.