- DTV has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $207.8 million.
- DTV has traded 448,383 shares today.
- DTV is trading at 3.89 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- DTV crossed below its 200-day simple moving average.
'Roof Leaker' stocks are worth watching because trading stocks that begin to experience a breakdown can lead to potentially massive losses. Once psychological and technical resistance barriers like the 200-day moving average are breached on higher than normal relative volume, the stock may then be subject to emotional selling from investors that can continue to drive the stock lower. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with weakness and volume it can indicate the start of a new, potentially dangerous, trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DTV with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DTV NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DTV: DIRECTV provides digital television entertainment services in the United States and Latin America. The company acquires, promotes, sells, and distributes digital entertainment programming primarily through satellite to residential and commercial subscribers. DTV has a PE ratio of 15.8. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Directv a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Directv has been 2.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Directv has a market cap of $42.8 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 1.32 and a short float of 2.2% with 4.48 days to cover. Shares are up 23.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Directv as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that net income has been generally deteriorating over time. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, DTV's share price has jumped by 29.62%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 9.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- 46.88% is the gross profit margin for DIRECTV which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 7.29% trails the industry average.
- DIRECTV's earnings per share declined by 5.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DIRECTV increased its bottom line by earning $5.19 versus $4.61 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.95 versus $5.19).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and greatly underperformed compared to the Media industry average. The net income has decreased by 12.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $699.00 million to $611.00 million.
- You can view the full Directv Ratings Report.