- XEL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $98.9 million.
- XEL has traded 107,977 shares today.
- XEL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in XEL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for XEL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on XEL: Xcel Energy Inc., through its subsidiaries, is engaged in the generation, purchase, transmission, distribution, and sale of electricity in the United States. It operates through Regulated Electric Utility, Regulated Natural Gas Utility, and All Other segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.5%. XEL has a PE ratio of 17.9. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Xcel Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. The average volume for Xcel Energy has been 3.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Xcel Energy has a market cap of $17.6 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.31 and a short float of 2.7% with 4.77 days to cover. Shares are up 23.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 5.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- XCEL ENERGY INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, XCEL ENERGY INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.91 versus $1.86 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.00 versus $1.91).
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $964.83 million or 3.89% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, XCEL ENERGY INC's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 13.04%.
- You can view the full Xcel Energy Ratings Report.