- EIX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $107.8 million.
- EIX has traded 52,765 shares today.
- EIX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EIX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EIX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EIX: Edison International, through its subsidiaries, generates and supplies electricity. The company generates electricity through hydroelectric, diesel, natural gas, gas fueled, combustion turbine, nuclear, and photovoltaic sources. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.2%. EIX has a PE ratio of 16.2. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Edison International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Edison International has been 2.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Edison International has a market cap of $21.0 billion and is part of the utilities sector and utilities industry. The stock has a beta of 0.51 and a short float of 1.7% with 3.30 days to cover. Shares are up 37.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Edison International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, good cash flow from operations, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- EIX's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 5.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 10.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 39.93% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, EIX should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,424.00 million or 43.54% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 13.04%.
- EDISON INTERNATIONAL has improved earnings per share by 7.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, EDISON INTERNATIONAL reported lower earnings of $2.67 versus $4.57 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($4.30 versus $2.67).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Electric Utilities industry average. The net income increased by 9.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $462.00 million to $508.00 million.
- You can view the full Edison International Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.