- MRK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $515.0 million.
- MRK traded 13,746 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:24 AM.
- MRK is down 2.6% today from Friday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MRK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MRK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MRK: Merck & Co., Inc. provides various health solutions through its prescription medicines, vaccines, biologic therapies, animal health, and consumer care products worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3%. MRK has a PE ratio of 33.1. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Merck a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Merck has been 10.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Merck has a market cap of $173.7 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.57 and a short float of 0.8% with 2.64 days to cover. Shares are up 22.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $4,348.00 million or 10.10% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -19.49%.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.62, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.80 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 8.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 4.3%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for MERCK & CO is currently very high, coming in at 77.97%. Regardless of MRK's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, MRK's net profit margin of 8.47% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- You can view the full Merck Ratings Report.