- BLUE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $36.4 million.
- BLUE traded 45,597 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:44 AM, representing 10% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BLUE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BLUE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BLUE: bluebird bio, Inc., a clinical-stage biotechnology company, focuses on developing gene therapies for severe genetic and orphan diseases. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate bluebird bio a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for bluebird bio has been 403,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Bluebird bio has a market cap of $1.2 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are up 113.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates bluebird bio as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income and weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- BLUEBIRD BIO INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 123.8% in earnings (-$1.79 versus -$0.80).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 178.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$6.11 million to -$17.03 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$20.77 million or 134.43% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 40.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.3%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, BLUEBIRD BIO INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full bluebird bio Ratings Report.