- HSP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $53.9 million.
- HSP is up 2.8% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HSP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HSP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HSP: Hospira, Inc. provides injectable pharmaceutical drugs and infusion technologies to develop, manufacture, distribute, and market products worldwide. The company operates through Americas, EMEA, and APAC segments. HSP has a PE ratio of 30.4. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Hospira a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for Hospira has been 915,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Hospira has a market cap of $10.0 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.01 and a short float of 3.7% with 6.12 days to cover. Shares are up 45.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Hospira as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, reasonable valuation levels and compelling growth in net income. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 8.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.53, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.10, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 9100.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 47.37% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, HSP should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Pharmaceuticals industry. The net income increased by 8247.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1.90 million to $158.60 million.
- You can view the full Hospira Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.