Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. TheStreet Ratings quantitative algorithm evaluates over 4,300 stocks on a daily basis by 32 different data factors and assigns a unique buy, sell, or hold recommendation on each stock. Click here to learn more.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- American Electric Tech (AETI) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from Buy to Hold with a ratings score of C. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate AMERICAN ELECTRIC TECH INC (AETI) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed - some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- AETI's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.02 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.13, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 141.01% to $0.92 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, AMERICAN ELECTRIC TECH INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -21.31%.
- AETI, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 7.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 12.0%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Electrical Equipment industry and the overall market, AMERICAN ELECTRIC TECH INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for AMERICAN ELECTRIC TECH INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 7.65%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -14.02% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: AETI Ratings Report