- FAST has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $82.1 million.
- FAST has traded 242,305 shares today.
- FAST traded in a range 204.5% of the normal price range with a price range of $1.41.
- FAST traded above its daily resistance level (quality: 150 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 150 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Barbarian at the Gate' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying positive price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, 'resistance' while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is more than twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves higher. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FAST with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FAST NOW at Trade-Ideas
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- FAST's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 6.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- FAST's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.06 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, FAST has a quick ratio of 1.57, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- FASTENAL CO has improved earnings per share by 12.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, FASTENAL CO increased its bottom line by earning $1.51 versus $1.42 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.66 versus $1.51).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Trading Companies & Distributors industry average. The net income increased by 11.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $119.35 million to $133.31 million.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $110.01 million or 8.48% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, FASTENAL CO's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 15.38%.
- You can view the full Fastenal Ratings Report.