- ADT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $58.8 million.
- ADT has traded 290,966 shares today.
- ADT is trading at 2.48 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- ADT crossed below its 200-day simple moving average.
'Roof Leaker' stocks are worth watching because trading stocks that begin to experience a breakdown can lead to potentially massive losses. Once psychological and technical resistance barriers like the 200-day moving average are breached on higher than normal relative volume, the stock may then be subject to emotional selling from investors that can continue to drive the stock lower. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with weakness and volume it can indicate the start of a new, potentially dangerous, trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ADT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ADT NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ADT: The ADT Corporation provides monitored security, interactive home and business automation, and related monitoring services in the United States and Canada. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.3%. ADT has a PE ratio of 20.9. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate ADT a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold.
The average volume for ADT has been 1.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. ADT has a market cap of $6.1 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.89 and a short float of 21.4% with 19.16 days to cover. Shares are down 15.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates ADT as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 8.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.4%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for ADT CORP is currently very high, coming in at 87.32%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 9.28% is above that of the industry average.
- ADT CORP's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ADT CORP reported lower earnings of $1.67 versus $1.88 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.05 versus $1.67).
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Commercial Services & Supplies industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has decreased by 14.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $96.00 million to $82.00 million.
- You can view the full ADT Ratings Report.