- GGP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $99.2 million.
- GGP is making at least a new 3-day high.
- GGP has a PE ratio of 104.2.
- GGP is mentioned 2.00 times per day on StockTwits.
- GGP has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- GGP is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- GGP is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- GGP is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- GGP is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GGP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GGP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GGP: General Growth Properties, Inc is an equity real estate investment trust. The firm invests in the real estate markets of the United States. It engages in owning, managing, leasing, and redeveloping high-quality regional malls. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.5%. GGP has a PE ratio of 104.2. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate General Growth Properties a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for General Growth Properties has been 4.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. General Growth has a market cap of $24.0 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.99 and a short float of 1.6% with 2.50 days to cover. Shares are up 35.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates General Growth Properties as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 200.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 33.77% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- GENERAL GROWTH PPTYS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, GENERAL GROWTH PPTYS INC turned its bottom line around by earning $0.28 versus -$0.51 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.52 versus $0.28).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 171.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $27.48 million to $74.61 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 13.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- 39.32% is the gross profit margin for GENERAL GROWTH PPTYS INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, GGP's net profit margin of 11.51% significantly trails the industry average.
- You can view the full General Growth Properties Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.