- DEI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $34.6 million.
- DEI is making at least a new 3-day high.
- DEI has a PE ratio of 95.5.
- DEI is mentioned 0.48 times per day on StockTwits.
- DEI has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- DEI is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- DEI is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- DEI is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- DEI is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DEI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DEI NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on DEI: Douglas Emmett, Inc., a real estate investment trust, owns and operates office and multifamily properties in California and Hawaii. As of December 31, 2007, the company's office portfolio consisted of 48 properties and multifamily portfolio consisted of 9 properties. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.9%. DEI has a PE ratio of 95.5. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Douglas Emmett a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Douglas Emmett has been 1.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Douglas Emmett has a market cap of $4.0 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.80 and a short float of 1.8% with 1.37 days to cover. Shares are up 19.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Douglas Emmett as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels, solid stock price performance and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, poor profit margins and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- DEI, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 13.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.0%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 31.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $10.75 million to $7.39 million.
- The gross profit margin for DOUGLAS EMMETT INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 26.73%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 4.84% significantly trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Douglas Emmett Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.